Airswift are currently working with out large operator client to recruit an E&I QC Advisor for their mega project in Kazakhstan. The role will be working on an equal time rotation on a 12 month contract.
- Establish and support proactive and collaborative working relationships with Project Teams and site Contractors.
- Coordinate and influence Project Quality Teams with best practices and monitor the consistent application of the Project Quality Management System.
- Work with a proactive approach to preventing quality issues through review and improvement.
- Ensure Quality issues are effectively communicated with the respective Project Team and provide support to determine appropriate solutions.
- Facilitate the consistent application of the structured Construction Quality Surveillance Programme.
- Review Contractor deliverables against project requirements as and when required.
- Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of inspectors and identify training requirements to continually improve the performance of Quality Teams.
- Participate in all initiatives related to Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas and ensure a common understanding and implementation throughout the projects.
- Verify equipment is installed in correct area of classification.
- Witness and verify that all testing procedures for grounding, megger, Hi-hot, point to point and calibration have been approved and are on site.
- Provide QC support to all Project Teams and conduct surveillance/ witness testing in accordance with approved ITPs, as required.
- Monitoring of electrical and instrumentation installation, above and below ground, junction boxes, cable tray installation, cable pulling, dressing of cable, glanding, labeling, terminations, tube bending and calibrations.
- Monitor field E&I installation activities and ensure that negative trends are escalated and addressed appropriately.
- Ensure Quality verification documents (QVDs) are submitted in a timely manner without backlog.
- Identify and record quality related lessons learned and propose suitable corrective actions to improve work processes and prevent further undesirable conditions/ situations.
- Review procedures for testing/examining components with the optimal method and techniques.
- Analyse and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
- Provide support to the Warehouse and ensure that all electrical material/ equipment subject to an effective receipt inspection and all preservation requirements are met.
- Support all HSE Activities / Initiatives
- Substantial experience of supervising a team of inspectors
- A degree in a relevant technical discipline is highly desirable, but not essential if the candidate can demonstrate the right level of technical and commercial experience.
- COMPEX certificate or equivalent
- HV/LV Switchgear & Protection
- Transformers, Turbines/Generator
- Variable Speed Drives (VSD/VFD)
- HV/LV motors
- Hazardous Area - ATEX
- Working knowledge of looping checking, wiring continuity and color coding, start-up & troubleshooting
- Confirm testing parameters are duly recorded and that testing equipment is calibrated
For further information on this position please contact Airswift.