Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek an I&E Project Manager to work within their facilities located in Port Arthur, TX for a long-term contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for the development, engineering, and construction of DCS, PLCs and control projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Determine the viability of, develop detailed scopes and estimates for, and develop appropriation requests for capital projects, ensuring accurate cost and technical information in the areas of DCS & Control Systems other than Electrical Power Systems.
- Develop and manage control budgets and schedules for capital projects. Control costs associated with capital projects to ensure that projects are completed on time and within the allotted budget.
- Depending upon the project, perform detailed engineering work directly or direct the engineering and design work of staff and contract engineers, consultants, designers, etc.
- Depending upon the project, develop directly or direct the development of technical specifications and requisitions for equipment and material purchases, focusing on an effective combination of cost, reliability, and process objectives.
- In conjunction with field construction coordinators, direct all phases of construction work and resolve technical and coordination issues as required.
- Present project designs and operating procedures for review by Process Hazards Analysis (PHA) teams, participate in the review, and evaluate and resolve issues arising from these reviews.
- Participate in P&ID and HAZOP reviews and maintain documentations for assigned projects.
- Provide technical support for commissioning of capital projects and for shutdown work of existing units as it relates to capital projects.
- Provide thorough documentation for capital projects through document distribution, process safety information (PSI) updates, management of change (MOC) proposals, and project completion forms.
Previous education and experience required:
- BS in Computer Science or Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of Controls Systems design experience.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standard such as ANSI, ASME, NFPA, and API
- Experience with managing multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Familiarity with refinery controls platforms such as Triconex, Honeywell Experion and Allen-Bradley ControlLogix.
- Ability to write or direct the writing of detailed Control Narratives that make clear to the end-user how new control strategies function and how they should be correctly operated. Experience managing multiple projects