Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Drilling / Well Intervention Subsea Advisor to work within their facilities located in Spring, TX for an initial 3-year contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for advising the Wells organization about design, function, and maintenance of subsea stacks.
- Engage with monitoring companies or through rig contractor to ensure data is being monitored appropriately and participate in risk assessments with the Wells Teams and rig contractors
- Comment and provide advice on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by contractors and sub-contractors
- Facilitate effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures
- Assure accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues
- Interface with subsea tree, hangers, and wellhead interfacing and subsea pressure control equipment (e.g., subsea BOPs, SSTT, CWOR, LWI) for subsea drilling, completion, and/or well interventions during planning and execution phases
- Coordinate subsea equipment & ROV aspects of drilling, completions, and/or well intervention risk assessments
- Monitor subsea equipment service provider, ROV service provider, provide project management support and troubleshooting of subsea pressure control equipment problems
Previous education and experience required:
- Engineering background
- 20+ years’ experience within a similar position
- Extensive knowledge of In-depth understanding of subsea completion, workover and light well intervention units
- Experience in the areas of subsea system hydraulic modeling, well surveillance, well testing operations, multiphase metering, subsea production / artificial lift optimization (e.g. subsea booster pumps, gas lift and riser lift) and flow assurance