Our Client an International Oil & Gas Operating Company are looking for Drilling & Completion Superintendent to be based onshore, Mozambique.
Purpose of the Position
The Senior DCSV is the senior representative at the wellsite, with overall responsibility for ensuring that all wellsite activities are conducted in a safe, technically competent, efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Responsible for management of all personnel and operations at the wellsite, including rig-move, rig-up/down, drilling, completion, work-over, coiled tubing, testing and decommissioning operations. The purpose of this and all Well Delivery roles is to Safely Deliver Quality wells and to personally contribute to Mozambique skills transfer
- Actively and visibly lead creation and maintenance of a safe working culture through the +People programme and ensuring compliance with clients and drilling contractor safety systems
- Ensure all operations are conducted in the best interest of clients and in compliance with clients standards and legislative requirements
- Ensure safe delivery of quality wells: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed objectives and quality criteria
- Lead by example in establishing and maintaining One Team culture. Facilitate and ensure close collaboration and communication between clients personnel at all field and office locations and between client, drilling contractor and service company personnel.
- Supervise all rig-site operations including those of the drilling contractor, service providers and third parties
- Collaborate in development of SHE plans, ensure execution of operations in accordance with Zero Harm Policy and Life Saving Rules
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive operational reports and data
- Lead SHE performance monitoring and continual improvement, ensure delivery of SHE Assurance Plan and reporting of all incidents and quality investigation in a timely manner in accordance with clients requirements
- Lead by example in driving performance culture, continuously assessing operational efficiency, identifying and sharing best practices, improvement opportunities and lessons learnt
- Steward and verify Service Provider’s performance and continual improvement ensuring knowledge and performance management processes are followed, including advance planning meetings, after action reviews and lessons learnt
- Review operational programs with the rig, field and office teams as required, e.g. Senior Drilling Engineer, Lead Completions Engineer, Senior Operations Engineer, Senior Completions Operations Engineer and Drilling & Completions Superintendent
- Collaborate with Wellsite Materials Coordinator to ensure the timely arrival of well equipment and services
- Ensure coaching and development of all wellsite personnel including Trainees and Engineers in Training
- Minimum 15 years of international experience in drilling and completions supervision
- Extensive experience with land rig operations, horizontal drilling, sand screen completions and workover operations
- Experience and understanding of cementing operations, stress caging drilling fluid systems, well integrity issues, extended reach drilling and well decommissioning would be advantageous
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering
- Valid Well Control Certificate (Supervisor Level 4 – Surface) required. Advanced well control training beneficial.
- Management of Major Emergencies or similar Emergency Response Training preferred