Drafting Personnel – Houston, TX
Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is looking for Drafting Personnel to work on a 6-months contract in Houston, Texas.
The Drafting Personnel will be responsible for the development of Facilities Technical Drawings in support of Facilities Engineering Projects for Permian Resources.
Supported Projects include but are not limited to; central tank batteries, compressor stations, wellheads, water treatment/processing facilities, standard equipment designs, etc.
This role requires supporting multiple teams and groups with the creation of drawings, review process, and potentially assisting in the field with update of as-built documentation. May occasionally be required to quality control check other draftsman and/or 3rd party deliverables. Responsible for ensuring requested documentation is in compliance with Design and Drafting standards and specifications.
- Accurately and correctly creating CAD drawings upon request, including but not limited to: P&IDs, Plot Plans, Area Classifications, One-Line Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Panel Drawings, Piping Isometrics, 3D Model, etc.
- Must be capable of both making modifications to existing drawings and creating new drawings from rough sketches that may have incomplete information
- Will be required to interface with development, execution, and operational support team on requirements, and providing requested CAD drawing updates to each
- Expected to develop a strong relationship with Facilities Engineers and Document Control
- Must be able to understand pipe and material specifications and appropriately represent requirements in CAD drawings
- Must perform basic math calculations to ensure correct and proper dimensioning
- Communicating with external and internal stakeholders as needed
- Associates Degree in Drafting from Technical School
- Knowledge of oil and gas production processes
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry standards related to drafting and design
- Knowledgeable with tagging conventions
- Proficiency in latest release of AutoDesk AutoCAD, SolidWorks CAD Works, and Navis Works software
- Minimum of 1 year of Oil & Gas experience working in design or drafting
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and work multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to work independently and comfortable with reaching out for help when required
- Demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to interact with customers and clients in a positive and professional manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, technical and field personnel