Airswift has been tasked by one of its keys clients to find an Intermediate Drafter II to join their team on a 1-year contract working in Nashville, TN.
- Designers make required calculations to establish acceptable standards of performance, material/component selection, and type of construction.
- Work from specifications as to product requirements.
- Produce drawings, layouts, and/or diagrams from sketches, existing drawings, electronic images, design concepts and/or verbal instructions
- Work with Engineers to capture and produce a design that captures all product requirements for either new or existing products
- Use computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Verify that all drawings convey accurate information.
- Ensure all necessary documentation is complete such as engineering prints, bills of materials, and related product specifications to allow successful transfer to manufacturing
- Perform schematic capture duties such as maintenance of parts libraries and updating schematics or drawings in an organized and timely manner
- Work directly with different business functions and team members to meet serviceability, functional and manufacturability requirements
- May work on design projects that reduce the cost of the product, as well as, designing necessary equipment or fixtures that are needed during the new product development cycle or with installed base products
- Associates Degree in Electronics or a technical degree from a recognized CAD training facility
- Proficient in AutoCADD & Microstation.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated computer skill in both Microsoft Office and with Computer Assisted Design software and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and defining customer requirements