Airswift is working with one of our major clients to find a Waste SME & Auditor to join their team on a 10-month assignment in Calgary, AB. The focus of this position will be to assess regulatory requirements associated with waste handling and waste disposal across various provincial regulatory jurisdictions, document current practices and identify regulatory gaps.
- Review the documentation related to waste management and develop a fit-for-purpose assessment processes and procedures for active Downstream sites.
- Collaborate with operations, maintenance, subject matter experts, and environmental consultants to understand and assess waste management practices.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are identified, assigned, monitored, and managed to ensure compliance.
- Work with the sites to ensure effective waste document management to compile with regulatory requirements
- Assign, track, and communicate requirements to internal stakeholders.
- Develop hand over and implementation packages (standard and procedures) to operations related to waste practices and opportunities for improvement.
- Support assessments and reporting as requested.
- Minimum 5 years of oil and gas experience in a role working with field and office-based personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to characterize waste materials, identify effective disposal options, and implement best management practices as it relates to waste at Downstream facilities or similar operations
- Deep knowledge of waste regulations across Western Canada as it relates to Downstream Operations.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Undergraduate degree or technical diploma.
- Working knowledge of the Downstream oil and gas industry in Western Canada (upgraders and refineries).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of oil and gas waste tracking tools and software
- Knowledge of SharePoint, SAP, Spotfire/Power BI
- Knowledge of ESG reporting requirements (in particular Waste) within the oil and gas industry