The Document Control Specialist reports to the Data and Records Management Supervisor. The Document Control Specialist works closely with the Design Services Group, the Drawing Records Management Group, and the Project Manager, on multiple projects, to coordinate the acquisition and organization of project documentation within the companies Records Management System. The Document Control Specialist accomplishes this by providing guidelines, company standards to third party engineering contractors on the organizational format of the required information and tracking the development of this information to assure its successful completion. They must have proven experience and skills at expediting workflow, and meeting project deadlines as it relates to engineering documentation and record-keeping requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities of the Company’s Document Control Specialist shall include but not limited to:
- Facilitate project document management as necessary to ensure the successful completion of all projects related documentation activities. Detailed items shall include:
- Assist the Project Manager in the establishment of a list of the required project record items at the onset of the project.
- Initiate the project record effort by ensuring the appropriate guidelines are available, understood, and implemented for the project.
- Manage the ongoing exchange of project related drawings and documentation.
- Provide distribution routing of documentation for review, per instructions provided by the Project Manager
- Finalize the completion of the project record effort by completing, signing, and dating the Project Records Completion Check List, STD.0250 Appendix B.
- Organize and maintain the storage and archiving of completed project records.
- Coordinate the availability, reproduction, distribution, and archiving of project documentation.
- Assist in any audits that may be required and provide documentation to validate any regulatory requirements.
- Provide assistance in the accessibility of Project documentation by performing the following functions:
- Provide guidance so to enhance the ability of others to obtain required information through the use of departmentally developed tools and methods.
- Administrative handling of Project Record Development, including: Receiving Records, Deciding / Consulting with PM on Required Processing, Processing Received Records, Making Project Records (including drawings) Available within the Company’s Project Records Repository, and Providing Project Drawings to the Drawing Records Administrator.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Formal training or equivalent experience in document management software, processes, methods, or systems.
- Proficient computer keyboarding.
- MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access.
- Drafting Skills using AutoCAD is a plus
- Five years relevant work experience in a Project Management / Project Engineering environment.
- A proficient level of knowledge of the typical content, organization, and format of Engineered Project Documentation.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, DOT, RR Commission, Operational/Safety, etc., mandates which drive the requirements for Engineered Project Documentation.
- Technical aptitude in the use of reproduction equipment and methods.
- Professionalism, attention to detail and proactive customer service attitude.
- Diplomatic and effective communicator in writing and speech.
(5+ years exp)