Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Document Delivery Consultant to work on a 12-months contract in Calgary, Alberta.
The primary purpose of this position is to supplement existing Information Management (IM) team capacity to progress value associated to quality, effective, and efficient document processing for the project.
- Support the delivery of Document Control Service for the Project Execute phase through both hands on and informal leadership.
- Ensure the adherence to Project specifications and procedures as they pertain to the Company and Contractor(s) delivery; and
- Enable more business value through continuous improvement, process simplification, automation, and quality assurance.
- Supporting the project teams in the processing of documents;
- Improving and ensuring adherence to: Company Document Control procedures for ongoing transmittal, document quality control, correspondence, and archiving procedures;
- Informal leadership delegate when required for Document Control Team’s operational processes and delivery.
- Driving improvements within Document Control and broader IM scope through leadership, standards, behaviors, and innovation using IM solutions (Assai, SharePoint, PowerBI, etc.); and
- Support delivery strategy to enable effective and efficient project execution, Legal and Regulatory compliance, and enable successful and timely transition to Operations phase.
- A university degree in Engineering, Science or Information Technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years experience working on a Major Capital project in an IM related roles;
- Substantial experience in Information Management in Capital Projects
- Substantial experience as senior Document Controller in a capital project is required
- Experience working with Engineering Data Warehouse (EDW) systems;
- Experience working with Assai Cloud, Sharepoint, Aveva/Procon, and PowerBI (in context of enabling document control and management);
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes for EPC deliverables within an owner capital project team;
- Knowledge of Records Management principles and implementation methods;
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Able to work at detailed level (to support and maximizing team performance) complemented with the ability to step back and work at bigger picture to maximize value of end outcome
- Demonstrated track record of delivery through indirect resources and for delegated leadership.
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications – able to tailor communications to differing audiences.
- Strong influencing skills, including virtually.
- Ability to work flex hours to accommodate various locations.
- Learning mindset to continuously improve, optimize, and simplify document control activities and services across multiple locations, and multiple projects within the company.
- Previous experience as Document Control Lead is preferred;