Our client, a major midstream company, is seeking a Document Control Specialist to work in Superior, WI.
This role will ensure that project records/drawings are received, reviewed, assessed, processed and turned over in accordance with Corporate Procedures and Policies.
- Verifying Projects records (Construction, Engineering, Vendor, Quality, X-Rays, etc.) in hardcopies and electronic files mostly in pdf format.
- Manages release and control of updates to project: instructions, specifications, drawings and other documentation. Controls distribution of new releases and recall/destruction of obsolete documents, both electronic and hard copy, according to SET retention rules.
- Maintain logs and indexes to provide accurate project records status reports; and to ensure that project records are turned over and complete
- Coordinate with Project teams and Engineering Consultants to ensure that vendor records are turned over according the Final Vendor Data Work Instruction.
- Perform vendor completeness check between vendor and commissioning records.
- Collect and ensure red line markups are completed as per internal procedure and As-Builts meet Engineering Drawing Standards and Redline Markup Procedure.
- Perform quality checks to the Project SharePoint sites to ensure they are utilized for controlling, storing and classifying project records accordingly.
- Communicate any inconsistency and/or deficiency related to project records/drawings to internal/external stakeholders.
- Scan completed and assessed hard copy records and supply metadata according Technical Records Standards
- Perform reviews on peer records processing (scanning and metadata) in order to make sure that they are deficiency free before turning over to Technical Records for final review and archive.
- Liaise with Technical Records and Technical Drawings regarding the Turnover process for Project Records and Drawings.
- 0-3 years of experience
- Comprehension of engineering and project documentation.
Nice to have
- Software: Bluebeam, SharePoint, Excel, Word, Visio, InfoPath, Power BI.