Airswift has been tasked by one of our major energy clients in the Oil & Gas Industry to seek a District Manager to work in their facilities located in Toronto, Ontario for a 5-Month Contract position on a mon-fri basis (2 days remote/ 3 days on-site).
The District Manager is the primary link between the Retailer and Company. He or she is responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales, and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined geographic area. Typically, a District Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations of roughly 30 sites.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of Company's operational standards, marketing plans, and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spends a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Developing and managing the retailer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
- Effectively communicating company's business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to develop action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analysing site financial and volumetric reports and counselling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Limiting company's environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures/records and reviewing/advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
Previous education & experience required:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
- A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyse financial and volumetric data
- French is an asset
- A drivers abstract will be required
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.