Our major client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a District Manager professional to work in their facilities in Southern Ontario/GTA and select Northern Ontario sites for a 1-year contract (possible for extension). A company vehicle will be provided.
The professional will support the Company's national retail and commercial/cardlock business being the primary link between the Retailer and The Company and responsible for the fuel volume, ancillary sales, and overall profitability of a group of retail and commercial sites in a defined territory.
- Developing and managing the retailer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
- Effectively communicating the Company's business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to develop action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Monitoring fuel inventory control procedures/records and reviewing/advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
- 5 years experience in the retail gasoline/convenience industry or retail industry (Must have Gas Station and Convenience Store experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluent English. French will be a plus
- Attention to detail and organized mindset able to work well under pressure
- Valid Driver's License.
Schedule: Work remotely 2 days/week and field travel 3 days/week. Mon-Fri 40 hr/week.