Our major oil & gas client is looking for a Commercial Manager to support our national retail and commercial/cardlock business in Toronto, Ontario on a 1-year contract.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of operational standards, marketing plans, and programs, as well as customer service and Health, Safety, and Environment standards. The position is responsible for operations across our retail and commercial network, within a defined geographical region. It is expected that the successful candidate with spend a minimum of 70% of their time in the field.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Developing and managing the retailer relationship
- Recruiting and retaining high-quality retailers.
- Effectively communicating the business model, operating practices, training support, marketing plans and programs, and standards programs.
- Managing the on-site execution of operating standards, including on-site observation, reviewing third-party reports, and helping to developing action plans for improvement.
- Regularly analyzing site financial and volumetric reports and counseling on finding operational efficiencies to improve business performance.
- Limiting the environmental liability by monitoring fuel inventory control procedures / records and reviewing / advising on required infrastructure improvements.
- Managing approved retail fuel price strategies and tactics; actively observing market price movements and recommending market-specific price strategies and tactics.
- Responding to customer concerns as needed
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the retail gasoline/ convenience industry or retail industry; multi-unit management would be considered an asset.
- A Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Economics, Marketing or equivalent
- Proven business, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to analyze financial and volumetric data
- Above average presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- French is an asset
- Work Location: Southern Ontario/GTA and select Northern Ontario sites
- Work Schedule: Work remotely 2 days/week and field travel 3 days/week
- Company vehicle provided