Airswift has been tasked by one our major clients to find an experienced and outstanding Discovery Analyst to join their team in a 10-month contract located in Houston, TX. The Discovery Analyst will work closely with the Team Lead and other Discovery Analyst(s) to gather, organize and deliver electronic information and data from across the organization to internal clients and external parties in a manner that is defensible, proportionate and cost effective.
Day-to-Day Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with legal counsel, paralegals, custodians and other internal or external stakeholders to plan, organize and manage multiple discovery-related preservation and collection projects utilizing appropriate technology options for the identification, collection, staging or packaging of structured and loose data.
- Collect and process data from various enterprise sources to industry standards and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of all aspects of discovery projects such as collection tracking, technical specifications, search criteria, chain of custody and communications.
- Support clients with database creation and preparation for document review including creation of coding panels and workspace folders and installation of privileged and responsive terms. Provide review and production workflow support as required while actively initiating innovative and best practice approaches.
- Prepare electronic productions to industry standards, including exporting and load file creation; importing incoming productions; and, securely transferring data to external parties as required.
- Provide support and training as needed on discovery workflows, processes and systems while providing ongoing feedback and contribution to process improvements.
- Participate in and/or coordinate various Legal Operations initiatives or projects. Support testing and validation during discovery system upgrades and perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a recognized eDiscovery study program or achievement of eDiscovery designation such as ACEDS.
- Minimum 10-years of relevant experience in Litigation, eDiscovery and related areas, including experience with managing the full EDRM lifecycle for litigation and experience in responding to discovery requests.
- Complex and cross-border Litigation experience is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of eDiscovery applications, Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, network storage, and other technical enterprise-level resources.
- Experience with eDiscovery applications such as OpentText Axcelerate, Legal Hold Pro, Celebrite is desirable.