Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Digital Project Manager to work on a 6-month contract in Downtown Houston.
- The Digital Project Manager will be responsible for identifying and delivering digitalization and optimization opportunities that drive emissions reduction, work process improvements and overall Shipping activity efficiency.
- Will also be the focal point for the carbon emissions control and credits, promoting Decarbonization through digital – performance optimization for Shipping activities and use of Artificial Intelligence for integrated and optimized solutions.
- Support to Powering Progress strategy by proper use of technology
- Manages projects while adhering to agreed-upon constraints.
- Takes responsibility for and participates in all aspects of one or more small projects.
- Effectively estimates and monitors project factors such as cost, to be within an agreed scope, ensuring realistic plans are in place and tracked against.
- In addition to new project development, the role will assist in maintaining the array of solutions already deployed, including work on enhancements.
- Be the team Subject Matter Expert for digital solutions, advanced analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and new technologies, understanding business demands and opportunities and connecting to solutions available on the market.
- Support the Maritime Transformation Manager Americas in development of Digital Strategy and a healthy funnel of innovative, new IT/Digital opportunities that drive continuous improvements and deliver bottom line value aligned with the Trading & Supply ambitions and integration to business partners in Trading & Supply, Upstream and Sectors & Decarbonization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any work-related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in any work-related field
- Must be proficient with systems, scripting languages and business analysis techniques (VBA, SharePoint, PowerBI, Microsoft automated Power Apps, Database Applications, Salesforce and other advanced data analytics).
- Demonstrable expertise in project management including scope, goals, resources, deliverables/milestones, and other key metrics and associated stakeholder management Ability to estimate value or impact as part of a comprehensive business case for new digital solutions Business analysis skills and the ability to shape opportunities into project proposals.
- Identification of opportunities and proper understanding of business strategy for Shipping & Maritime and supported areas
- Ability to effectively document and manage requirements, specifications, sprints, resource plans to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project Continuous improvement focused.
- Familiarity or experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Able to work effectively with all levels and parts of business and IT organizations.
- Ability to work effectively in virtual, geographically dispersed, cross-cultural environments.
- Previous experience in Trading, Supply or Logistics businesses is preferred
- Self-starter with good business analysis and problem-solving skills
- Previous exposure to the shipping industry and Trading systems will be beneficial.
- Team Player
- Shows effective team leadership for small teams of up to 10 people