Location: 100% remote work
Contract type: This is a contract role, with hourly rate based on experience
Experience Required: solid professional experience as a DevOps Engineer
Start date: ASAP / 1 month notice
Contract duration: 1 year
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Key Words: Software Engineer; Python; SQL; Software developer; Programming; Cortex; CI/CD
- Building and maintaining an observability ecosystem including the following components: Prometheus, Cortex/GME, Grafana, Loki, Jaeger, FluentD/Bit, ELK, etc.
- Coding work (Python and Go) on projects such as building APIs, self-service portals, and observability platform automation and integration.
- Help to support a large-scale observability platform, including on-call shifts.
- Working with other team members to define the architectures and practices that should be adopted in order to deliver observability platform operational goals.
- Contributing to research and tooling for monitoring and performance improvement to provide solid SLAs for our customers.
- Assist internal customers in getting the most from company observability platforms, both guarding during the onboarding stage and encouraging the best-practice methodologies.
- 2+ years of experience with application and infrastructure monitoring tools.
- Bonus points: experience with Prometheus/PromQL/Cortex/Loki/Grafana platform.
- Understanding of foundational monitoring concepts: avoiding noise, defining CLI/SLO, etc.
- Experience designing and implementing central logging solutions by using tools such as FluentBit, FluentF, PromTail or LogStash.
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon EKS or Azure AKS).
- Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible automation platform.
- 2+ years of experience working on cloud infrastructure based on AWS
- 2+ years of experience working with Python, PowerShell, shell scripting or GO
- 2+ years of experience with CI/CD, Git, Terraform or Jenkins
- Experience providing operational support for a production service.
- Understanding of Linux and networking fundamentals.
- Bonus points: experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance. SQL and relational database knowledge (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must have skills
Nice to have skills
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift