Our client is seeking a Desktop Support Technician to join their team in Anzac, Alberta. This is a field contract opportunity with a 14-day rotation schedule for a 1-year period. In this position, you will be a team member on a cross-functional IT operations team that supports the work site. This role is unique and requires broad knowledge of mobility, desktop and meeting technology.
- Support Dell Windows 10 and O365 both in person and remotely as well as dozens of company wide applications
- Supporting all the client's mobility devices including BYOD
- Managing PC and mobility hardware asset inventory using ServiceNow
- Managing orders of IT equipment and supplies
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day operations and relationships with external vendors and escorting site visits.
- Support remote access via VPN Global Protect, Citrix, MFA
- Troubleshooting printing problems by collaborating with the Global Printing team and Ricoh tech.
- Responsible for meeting technologies (A/V) MS Teams room technology at site and develop aptitude to quickly troubleshoot issues as reported (with assistance of off-site colleagues and vendors)
- Resolve complex issues in a timely manner by performing research.
- Cisco Call manager and Unity administrator for VOIP phones.
- Develop aptitude for HP plotter maintenance
- Prioritize safety and an understanding of work permit processes (when required)
- Operate as a catch all for many miscellaneous tasks from padlock programming to LED signage to digital media players to warehouse bar code scanner configuration
- Patching inside network closets with awareness of sensitive fiber network
- Assist Radio or Network techs on occasion* Occasional light labor (under 50lbs) as required for moves and projects
- Takes accountability and participates in group decision making
- Excellent communication skills with both clients and peers using ITIL methods and expectation management
- Considerate, cleanly and safety oriented
- Respectful of existing processes while at the same time willing to innovate when called upon
- Technical Diploma or equivalent experience as desk-side support in an enterprise environment