Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Designer IV to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for an initial 6-month contract.
Within this position, you will be responsible for providing direct design and drafting support to BU to create and modify engineering drawings across the utilization of AutoCAD for new projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Perform fieldwork in support of new piping design and layout
- Provide drafting services which include the hand sketching of location equipment and processes, and the creation and modification of P&IDs, Electrical Drawings, Site Security Drawings, Piping, and Isometric Drawings
- Utilize national and BU drafting standards to reflect processes on engineering drawings
- Support members in continued development and improvement of the company’s Standard Well Site Facility Design drawings
- Support the MOC process through the creation, use, interpretation, and evaluation of engineering drawings
- Use SAP/DMS database to maintain engineering drawings and documents
Previous education and experience required:
- 7+ years of experience within a similar position in the oil and gas industry
- Extensive CADWorx experience is required
- Proficient knowledge of oil & gas field equipment including wellheads, separators, compressors, metering, tanks, pumps, oil, water, and gas piping, fuel gas systems, valves, automation, and instrumentation to create process drawings