We are hiring for DESIGN ENGINEER to be based in Barrow Island, WA. This position will be for contract basis with our client. Our client is a major in Oil & Gas and they offer good package. Open for candidate who has working rights in Australia and preferably to those residing in Perth, WA.
**Due to current situation, kindly note that we can only contact shortlisted candidates for the role**
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the engineering progress and quality from our contractors and vendors. Acts as owner’s team engineering manager for BWI scope.
- Ensures appropriate cross discipline engagement and alignment.
- Maintains Basis of Design and oversight to verify quality of engineering deliverables and technical content of procurement packages.
- Ensures application of applicable Technical Codes and Standards.
- Provides guidance to engineering contractors on Basis of Design, scope and operational expectations.
- Drives Facility Design technical accountability and design review/assurance checks/milestones with consideration for the broader context of the overall JIC Project.
- Assign tasks/initiatives within the in-house matrix of engineering disciplines as required, addressing resourcing / priority conflicts.
- Maintain visibility of technical status against Project schedule. Develop/work mitigation plans to address schedule threats.
- Act as the key focal point for Onshore Technical issues, directly liaising with key stakeholders in Technical, ETC, and Operations/Maintenance.
- Recommend improvement opportunities both safety and technical.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 15 years’ working experience within Oil & Gas industry required
- Engineering Degree is required
- Experience in Engineering Management during detailed design is desirable
- A strong working knowledge of the various engineering disciplines such as mechanical, piping, rotating equipment, civil / structural, electrical, and instrumentation
- Ability to co-ordinate cross discipline input and ensure consistency
- 5 years minimum experience in brownfield projects is required
- Prior experience with power generation and distribution projects would be beneficial
- Good general computing skills and familiarity with MS office software are required