- Responsible to undertake as a lead for Design HSE Engineer/ Fire and Gas Engineer, review and liaise with third part consultant, M&E consultant and client related to Design HSE Studies and/or Fire & Gas design.
- Ensure the quality of third-party consultant’s work and timely execution of project delivery.
- Responsible for the Engineering, Procurement activities; also expected to provide support to Construction and Commissioning team where required.
- Responsible to assist in proposal execution such as preparation of comprehensive and attractive technical write-up, cost and man-hour estimation.
- Design HSE Engineer cum Fire and Gas Engineer shall perform the following activities:
DHSE Engineering /Process Safety Studies
- Develop document related to Design HSE studies – Design HSE Plan, Design HSE Studies Schedule etc.
- Selection and appointment of third-party consultants for the Design HSE Studies and coordination work with the involvement in preparation of input/output design documents analysis, reports and close-out reports as required by Clients and ITB including but not limited to the following desktop studies and review sessions:
- o HAZID; o HAZOP; o IPF; o HRA; o QRA; o HER & Bowtie; o Gas Dispersion Study; o Alarm Rationalization Study; o CIMAH; o HFE; o F&G Mapping; and o FSAR, etc.
Fire Fighting and Fire and Gas Engineering Design Work.
- Involved in preparation of fire safety design documents and analysis including but not limited to:
- o Fire Protection System Design Basis / Philosophies o Fire water network hydraulic calculations o Fire protection equipment layout o Fire and Gas cause-and-effect diagrams o Fire and Gas detection layouts
- o Firefighting and safety equipment specifications o Passive fire protection layouts o Fire and Gas Design & Control Philosophies o Fire Risk Analysis Study
- o Other safety engineering deliverables
- Installation/pre-commissioning activities and BOMBA matters o prepare procedures for testing and pre-commissioning activities, site coordination work between sub-contractors and vendors, construction team and owners
- o participate in the testing and pre-commissioning activities
- o BOMBA submission and approval matter – FSDP, Active Submission and BOMBA site functional testing and inspection.
- Candidates must possess Chemical or Mechanical Engineering background from recognized University.
- More than 10 years of engineering design experience in Design HSE studies for Onshore Petrochemical Plant, Oil & Gas refineries and/or offshore facilities; or
- At least 5 years of engineering design experience in Fire Protection System and Fire & Gas Detection System Engineering Design, or both.
- Possess positive working attitude in acquiring basic knowledge of multitude engineering disciplines – Chemical, Instrument, Electrical, Mechanical, Piping Design and Civil.
- Good skills and experience to operate Auto-CAD is an added advantage.
- PC literate (Ms Word / Excel / PowerPoint / MS Project).
- Ability to work in teams and possess excellent interpersonal, communication/presentation and report writing skills.