Airswift. Power Plant Deputy Manager. Lagos, Nigeria.
Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Power Plant Deputy Manager to join them in Lagos, Nigeria.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant equipment in a continuous, efficient, and economical manner.
- Coordinate the operations of the power plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with industry standards, environmental restrictions, original equipment manufacturers’ recommendations and DCP Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure the continuous operation of the generating plant, including all auxiliary equipment in a manner which will achieve the optimum thermal efficiency, without compromising safety, plant availability and reliability.
- Oversee technical staff, such as control room engineers and fuel management officers in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure the safe and reliable operation of the plant according to approved procedures and within environmental constraints.
- Oversee unit start-ups, shutdowns, and normal operation of electric generating equipment in a power plant.
- Control quality, quantity and promptness of work performed as measured against accepted standards.
- Enforce accident prevention and occupational health work procedures and regulations. Ensure safekeeping of materials, tools, and equipment.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years plant operations related experience
- In-depth understanding of power plant systems and interactions among systems
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
Should you be interested in this opportunity with a leading company, please apply to this advert with your up to date resume.