Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Deputy Commissioning Manager to work within their facilities in Houston (USA) and Enseada (Mexico) for a 26-months contract.
DURING PREPARATION (ENGINEERING) PHASE
- Assists CSU Manager in finalizing the Owner CSU Team mobilization plan and coordinated the recruitment his future execution reports upon approval of the CSU Manager
- Reviews or approves the pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Management procedures (handover, interfaces, punch list, organization, spare parts, HSE etc.)., sharing approval responsibility with CSU Manger
- Reviews and approves the pre-Commissioning and Commissioning dossiers prepared by Contractor (incl. completions database content)
- Coordinates the activities of the Owner Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Team members
- Participates or ensures Commissioning Team involvement in FAT of major/critical equipment as required
- Participates to Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-up meetings (internal or with EPCC CTR) and preparation of reports
DURING EXECUTION PHASE
- Promotes safety within the Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities and verifies that safety procedures and Permit to Work system are implemented by the Commissioning Team.
- Organizes (daily basis) the Owner witnessing of all pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities performed by Contractor, through the management of his Site Team and management of priorities
- Ensures proper control of Commissioning activities at Site (progress vs planning, punch list follow-up..) and recommends any necessary corrective actions.
- Approves pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Documents submitted by Contractor during this phase
- Reviews the pre-Commissioning and Commissioning dossiers after completion of Construction (RFC), after completion of Commissioning activities (“RFSU) and the further Transfer certificates at Substantial Completion, before signature by the CSU Manager
- With CSU Manager, co-leads pre-commissioning and commissioning meetings and takes the full lead of some of these meetings as required / agreed.
- Participates to Project meetings as required.
- Consolidates Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and progress reports.
- Interacts within the CSU Team with his counterparts (Completions, Start-Up) to ensure adequacy with Turnover Plans and Start-up Philosophy.
- Works with all other Project counterparts (HSE, Construction, Quality, Engineering, Procurement, Contract, Planning, Document Control…) to ensure alignment to Project priorities and objectives.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in pre-commissioning and commissioning on a major LNG Project (> 2.5 mTPA), with at least two proven experiences in similar position (Commissioning Leader) during both preparation and execution phases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering is a plus
- Experienced with common industry codes and standards used for pre-commissioning and commissioning
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), Spanish will be a plus.
- Available for technical missions worldwide as required