Airswift is looking for a Data Scientist for an open ended
contract in Houston, TX.
In this role, you will be an individual contributor responsible for delivering pieces of a larger data science product. This role requires a unique skillset, with the ability to merge the rapid developments of computer science and machine learning with the rich depth of disparate and complex data sets We are seeking an out-of-the-box thinker, unafraid to try new things and eager to learn new approaches.
- Master’s (PhD preferred) degree in STEM major from accredited institution.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills with a thirst to learn new areas.
- 3+ years’ experience in applying statistics & data science techniques to deliver insightful and useful conclusions from large, complex, disparate data sets.
- Good experience in data collection, cleansing, visualization, data quality assessment, and the use of analytics to build minimum viable data (MVD)
- Must have good knowledge of data science techniques including data collection and wrangling, feature extraction, supervised, unsupervised and semi-supervised machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas will be a plus: natural language processing, computer vision, time series analysis, deep learning, neural networks, and geospatial modelling.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and application of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to deliver insights from structured, unstructured and semi-structured data sets.
- Experience in working with and analysing complex geospatial data sets, and knowledgeable in Geospatial analytic tools such as ArcGIS, ArcPRO, ArcPy, etc. is a plus.
- Must have excellent programming skills in python and good knowledge of one or more analytics software tools and languages (e.g. R, Matlab, Java, Scala)
- Experience in machine learning model deployment and model life cycle.
In this role you will:
- Develop machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to extract insights from complex, disparate and sometimes sparse data sets.
- Test and develop Proofs of Concepts and deploy final solutions for delivering analytic insights to end users.
- Contributes to the compilation of datasets, critical evaluation of data quality, and delivery to data science platform.
- Contributes to the construction of 4-dimensional geological models that fully integrates multiple datasets.
- Collaborate with other team members to understand problem and formulate approaches for solving specific business challenges.
- Foster attitude that value and promote innovation.
- Timely, accurate, and impactful reporting of data science outcomes.
- Work under the guidance of data science lead and geoscientists.
- Good understanding of distributed computing and efficient algorithm design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to effectively explain technical information to various audiences
- Experience in Oil & Gas is a plus