Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Data Engineer BSO to work in their facilities located in Houston, TX OR Bartlesville, OK on a 12-month contract with likely extensions.
Data Engineer BSO (Bartlesville or Houston, location optional)
The IT Logistics, Business Systems Optimization group is in immediate need of a Data Engineer- BSO to:
• Provide comprehensive data engineering support across major projects
• Continue development and deployment of proprietary tools through appropriate platforms
• Provide data engineering support for other select projects across the Technology organization, and
• Support the Technology organization as a Functional Expert for the electronic workbook (EWB) system.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in data engineering systems such as Hana, Hadoop, AWS, and Microsoft Azure. Experience with at least one statistical and data science programming languages (e.g. R or Python) is required. Familiarity with data visualization (e.g. ggplot, Shiny, Tableau) and deployment strategies (e.g. Azure Web Services, APIs, etc.) are required.
The Data Engineer’s role would be to:
• Provide data acquisition and data integration support for major ongoing and future projects.
• Expand proprietary analytics tools and deploy on modern platforms.
• Incorporate corporate best practices and solutions for data structuring, cleaning, visualization, etc.
• Provide initial data cleaning and statistical analysis.
• Develop and maintain data storage solutions by applying data management fundamentals and knowledge of distributed systems.
• Manage the master data catalog and perform other system administration duties within the EWB environment.
• Deliver operational enhancements to EWB such as search tools, advanced templates and integrations with external data sources.
• Provide trouble-shooting assistance and recommendations to address functional challenges that arise during use of the platforms mentioned above.
• Identify and capture opportunities to train system users on advanced features of the platforms mentioned above.
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a computer related field, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, the physical sciences
• 7 or more years relevant work experience in software development and data management solutions
• Able to understand the diverse business requirements and be able to translate those requirements into applicable solutions
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, etc.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as R or Python
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, built processes, testing, and operations
• Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
• Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing
• 10 or more years relevant work experience in software development
• Experience working with Microsoft Azure or AWS
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent teamwork skills
• Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse audiences
• Ability to write clear proposals and technical documents