SCOPE OF WORK
The successful candidate will work with a project manager, construction manager and inspection team for the assigned project. They will be responsible for quality, coordinating contractors and reporting schedule and budget to the construction manager and project manager. The successful candidate will be accountable for their assigned disciplines and area of responsibilities. The successful candidate will be trained on Client’s procedures and policies. OQ tasks are required as per OQ Task Checklist.
The Inspector’s duties and responsibilities require that he or she be both knowledgeable and experienced in all phases of Pipeline/Terminal construction and inspection. They should have a minimum of 15 years’ experience and have a Certified Welding Inspector qualification from the American Welding Society. They must possess an active TWIC card.
This position is eligible for per diem, vehicle, and technology allowance.
Location: Gesimar, LA area
- The Inspector shall possess special knowledge and be well-skilled and competent in Pipeline/Terminal construction activities and pipeline construction inspection, including: clearing and grading, stringing of pipe, loading and unloading of materials, ditching, laying, bending, welding, tie-in, coating, joint completion, backfilling, testing, concrete placement, cleanup, as well as other pipeline construction activities.
- Shall be familiar with the use and handling of construction equipment.
- Shall have supervisory quality control experience in the construction of pipelines and related facilities and is versed in Client’s maintenance and operating policies or procedures.
- Is versed in client policy, procedures, and practices regarding construction of major projects, he or she must also be familiar with and have a working knowledge of related Codes, Standards, and Regulations that may be specific to his assignment; such as: ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, API 5L, 6D, 650, 653, 1104, 1110; DOT 192 and 195, and all OSHA Construction Industry Standards.
- Has proven judgment and decision-making skills.
- Has proven human relations, supervisory, and administration skills.
- Is able to interpret Company objectives from written specifications.
- Has proven ability to interpret construction drawings and blue prints.
- Possesses communication skills to clearly convey the meaning of construction and contractual situations, orally or in writing.
- Has understanding of preventative or counter measures available to minimize the environmental impacts of construction activities.
- Is proficient in use of hydrostatic and test equipment and instruments.
- Is thoroughly versed with company procedures and practices on pressure testing
- Has working knowledge of all pipeline welding codes and specifications and is versed in company contract specifications.
- Has knowledge in radiographic film interpretation.
- Has proof of training/experience in weld quality control.
- Has working knowledge of computers and possesses the skills necessary to operate Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintains documentation per project QA/QC Manual.
- Keeps the Project Manager abreast of all schedule issues.
- Enforces Client’s plans, specifications, contracts, and schedules.
- Maintains continual communications with Contractor’s field supervisory personnel to ensure all project objectives are attained.
- Provides field administration for all field contract services.
- Enforces company environmental policies.
- Prepares and submits necessary Daily Construction Progress Reports.
- Maintains construction records and progress reports.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Company.
- Enforces company safety policies.
- Acts as a company Field Representative to ensure compliance with all provisions of various governmental regulatory permits. The inspector shall ensure adherence to right-of-way easement provisions pertaining to the construction process.
- Evaluates contract extra work requests and obtains approval from the Project Manager prior to initiating or approving extra work.
- Coordinates construction contract activities with other disciplines.
- Anticipates or recognizes unusual project situations involving progress, quality, or monetary responsibility and advises or makes recommendations for resolving them to the Project Manager.
- Is alert to the activity of all project personnel, relative to field services or company’s total public relations, objectives, policies, as-builts, and documentation records.
- Makes judgments and recommendations on construction and code requirements. They shall refer final judgment on matters involving code, design, or matters beyond delegated authority to the Project Manager.
- Ensures that all required documents are completed and transmitted in conformance with CLIENT’S procedures.
- Ensures applicable measures are employed during construction to minimize adverse environmental impacts and compliance with environmental commitments.
- Ensures harmony with quality control staff, Contractor Representatives, and CLIENT’S Representatives.
- Ensures that all underground utilities are located and clearly marked prior to excavation.
- Ensures all activities are performed in a good competent manner.
- Adheres and enforces all company safety policies.
- Ensures that all daily reports and pictures are completed and turned into the Project Manager.
- Records all damage - occurring to pipe and materials while stringing, and marks that damage on pipe.
- Ensures materials are loaded, hauled, and strung in conformance with specifications and safety standards.
- Ensures all lowering and backfill is done in conformance with contract specifications.
- Ensures all coated pipe is visually inspected and electrically inspected prior to lowering-in.
- Ensures all damaged coating is repaired, visually inspected, and electrically inspected prior to lowering-in.
- Ensures the Holiday detector is set in conformance with contract specifications.
- Ensures the Holiday detector is daily and periodically checked for accuracy.
- Ensures cathodic test leads and equipment are properly protected during backfill.
- Ensures that suitable backfill materials, in conformance with specifications, are used at all times.
- Ensures that pipe fits the ditch and that the pipe has adequate cover before pipe is backfilled.
- Ensures clean-up operations follow immediately behind the backfill.
- Ensures fence specifications are met.
- Ensures company pipeline marker signs and appurtenance guards are installed at designated locations.
- Witnesses and accepts or rejects tests of facilities or pipelines.
- Ensures to company that all testing codes and design specifications are met.
- Prepares all required reports and charts at the time of each particular testing phase.
- Ensures that the Contractor’s equipment and material meet all of company’s specifications.
- Ensures all test mediums conform to Company Standards.
- Is responsible for notifying the Environmental Department when sampling and/or disposal of discharge test water.
- Enforces company’s welding procedures, qualifications, and specifications.
- Maintains continual communications with Contractor’s Representatives to ensure all welding procedures are being followed.