Airswift is hiring for a Customer Service Specialist to work on a contract assignment providing exceptional customer service to our global chemical client's customers.
Duration: 18 month contract assignment
Location: Remote, but near Parsippany, NJ. This position will work from home for now, but the company is preparing for return to work in the Parsippany office.
Focus of the position: The focus is to provide exceptional service to customers. Develop a deep knowledge of customer needs, products and packaging, and SAP transactions. Examine and implement options for customer problem resolution, participate in weekly meetings and strive for continuous process improvement.
- Conduct business and operate at all times with safety, environmental and industrial hygiene concerns as the first priority.
- Respond in a timely manner to orders and inquiries from customers via email, phone and fax. Coordinate with Logistics, Supply Chain, ESHS, Marketing, and Sales Departments as necessary to provide information to customers and process orders.
- Accurate entry of all orders types within SAP including, but not limited to, Import/Export, Consignment, Samples, and Credits/Debits, in regards to pricing, product, delivery date, sold to/ship to account for all 3 product lines (Molding, Monomer, & Resins), Incoterms and other pertinent details for both domestic and international customers.
- Maintain sales orders with respect to changes requested by customer, production schedule changes, and shipping delays, etc.
- Utilize client's systems/databases to obtain customer prices and product information and coordinate/manage the Z block report.
- Responsible for 100% phone coverage.
- Utilize SAP and electronic files to review customer prices, Inventory and Customer/Product Information.
- Responsible for overseeing our customer service email boxes and fax server.
- Create and maintain customer profiles required to manage daily business.
- Able to process and participate in QN (Quality Notification) investigations as needed for determination of corrective action.
- Able to optimize customer orders with respect to Inventory location and product availability.
- Assist in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Able to create and maintain Customer Sold to & Ship to accounts in SAP.
- Able to process and manage Consignment accounts. Provide specific consignment reports as agreed upon within the customer’s contract. Ensures all consignment customers are accurately invoiced each month or as agreed to in contract
- Monitor Import/Export orders (other than CA/MX). Book shipments with Brokers and resolve issues with Logistics or Brokers. Provide recommendations to Strategic Account Managers regarding service matters when applicable
Internal & External Contacts you will work with:
- Internal contacts include: Logistics, Supply Chain, Marketing, Sales, ESHS, Credit departments.
- External contacts include: Customers, Warehouses and Distribution Centers, Terminals, Carriers & Broker/Freight Forwarder.
- Bachelor's degree OR equivalent work experience in a Chemical Company.
- 5 years customer service experience
- Working knowledge of SAP transactions ZWFCUS, ZDIS, VA05, VD02, Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Airswift provides our employees with benefits such as Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401k matching plans, and paid time off
- Pay is direct deposited, bi-weekly with easy access to pay check stubs and tax info via our mobile app.