Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Customer Service Manager to work within their facilities located in Subang Jaya, Selangor for a permanent assignment.
- Overall responsibility for Customer Account Management including workload management and customer order allocation in consultation with the team leaders.
- Manage the overall daily execution of customer service activities pertaining to the arrangement of warehousing (incl. LME), Stock Management, distribution and import/export shipments.
- Ensure proper and timely execution and follow up on customer instructions and requests.
- Ensure the warehouse management inventory management system is accurate and up-to-date at all times.
- Acting as the key interface between the customers and the relevant account managers.
- To foster good working relationship and team spirit in customer service teams.
- To manage the customer service team and ensure a smooth, proper and timely execution of import/ export shipment, shipping documentation including all related warehousing activities as per the customers’ contractual terms agreed.
- To trouble shoot and resolve day-to-day customer service issues and matters.
- To ensure proper and timely execution of work orders for in- and outbound shipments including data entry in the warehouse management system by customer service team.
- To develop and manage customer service procedures and related documentation as per the companies/customer/LME requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the necessary London Metals Exchange (LME) rules in regards to the customer service operations requirements and apply the necessary where and when applicable.
- To ensure accurate and timely billing of all job files and warehouse rentals prior to month end closing.
- Liaise with Finance department on queries pertaining to Account Receivables and Payables and where applicable resolve issues.
- To ensure inventory and stock is up-to-date and accurate at all times.
- Conduct a monthly customer service review and provide a management report.
1. Account Management
- To ensure that an agreed contract is in place prior to accepting customer instructions
- To work closely with the Commercial team on agreed contracts with customers, selection of vendors, service requirements, costing, matters etc.
2. Planning and Co-ordination:
- To proactively manage, plan and co-ordinate the day-to-day workload and execution of the customer service team.
- To escalate any claims, disputes etc. to Product Managers, Legal and Compliance & Risk department.
3. Customer Service Procedures Review and Improvement:
- Develop standardized procedures and related documentation (where applicable) including the regular monitoring, review, update and improvement.
- As and when required to work with the respective country manager/department head/agent to guide the implementation of procedures and related documentation.
- Enforce compliance of standardized procedures and drive standardization of processes across all our warehouse operations teams or agents.
4. LME and Audits
- To keep up-to-date with the requirements of the (LME) London Metals Exchange as published in the LME rulebook and through regular distributed LME notices.
- As and when required to consult and discuss with Commercial manager to apply and update working parties with the necessary information through email, work-instruction or Standard Operating Procedures.
- To engage with the London Metal Exchange- and other audit teams including our own Compliance and Risk department to ensure that scheduled audits on customer service operations are conducted smoothly and to ensure all identified issues/corrective actions with parties concerned are promptly addressed and corrected.
5. System Data and Inventory
- To ensure that system inventory is checked and verified and reconciled versus warehouse provider/agent inventory and reported in a consolidated a report on monthly basis. To trouble-shoot and resolve any issues and non-compliances (if any).
6. Vendor management
- To monitor the vendors service performance and keep track of service failures, issues, disputes and claims.
- To review claims and disputes and overall service performance with the Commercial manager.
7. Review and Improvement
- To conduct regular meetings and discussions with teams and staff on day-to-day operations, planning and issues.
- To review, update and analyse system data and reports to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
8. Data analysis and Performance review and Reporting:
- To review, update and analyse system data, market reports, and overall business review
- To develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators to drive and initiate efficiency and optimization.
- Identify any bottlenecks/gaps/problems and lead the review to recommend better business processes to achieve higher efficiency.
9. Key success criteria
- Customer Service Review (professionalism, on-time, accurateness, pro-activeness).
- Management of Customer Service and problem solving skills.
- On-time and error-free system entry and reporting.
- Review and improvement suggestions.
10. Customer Satisfaction and complaints.
- Minimum a Degree holder or a Diploma from a recognized tertiary educational institution with relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of total relevant working experience.
- Demonstrated warehousing and logistics operations expertise.
- Proven ability to work on cross-functional and multicultural teams.
- Strong character, initiative, creative, innovative.
- Excellent operations/warehouse management, communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent experience in People Management.
- Self-starter and good motivator.
- Ability to handle multiple complex issues concurrently.
- Team player.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Mandarin (to liaise with Mandarin speaking clients & associates).
- Able to perform effectively in a high pressure and fast paced working environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is a pre-requisite.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills.