Airswift has been tasked by one of our clients to seek a Customer Service & Logistics Representative Houston, TX to join them on a 1- year contract.
Carry out order processing and keep daily contact with customers. To provide and process information in response to inquiries and requests about products and services.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as a customer service representative, ideally from a multi-national petrochemical company, and possibly a company producing, distributing or transforming raw materials via international shipping routes and/or someone with a logistics background focused on international shipping of products.
- Familiarity with “Incoterms” which define the responsibilities of sellers and buyers, and more specifically, specifies who is responsible for paying for and managing the shipment, insurance, documentation, customs clearance and other logistical activities.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Upload and check customer orders with reference to all conditions, price, credit limit if existing; upload full instructions for the shipment, and prepare directly or ensure that all other necessary documents are available
- maintain a proper communication with customers for any request or issue concerning the orders; respond promptly to customer inquiries, including inquiries on pricing
- check product availability for the required dates
- organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
- send to customers order confirmation, shipping documents if required, and provide delivery information, keeping customers informed about variations
- Follow the status of the order: material preparation, booking reservation
- Handle and resolve customer complaints or when appropriate involve other competent departments for the management of claims
- Follow up on the invoicing process
- Credit and debit note requests
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Carry out pertinent activities to keep Master Data updated in the sap system, set up new customer accounts and manage customer accounts
Customer Service and/or logistics principles and practices; some knowledge of administrative procedures; knowledge of chemicals and/or oil & gas industry is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites
- Intermediate Excel skills; Familiarity with (CRM) Customer Relationship Management software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus, but not required.
Flexibility, resilience, strong problem solving and analysis skills; ability to learn quickly and work well, both independently and as a member of the team. Strong attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, as well as very good verbal and written communication skills
10% travel may be required.