Our client, a major chemical company, is seeking a Crop Genetics Molecular Biologist for a 1-year contract to join them in Morrisville, NC.
The professional will assist with the generation of genotypic data to identify the molecular basis of native traits for their application in cotton and soybean improvement and will work with a small team to apply sequence-based genotyping approaches using state of the art instrumentation. The professional will be responsible for performing various plate-based molecular biology protocol steps along a high throughput process that turns a plant DNA sample into a DNA sequencing library and then into DNA sequence data.
- Work within a group of laboratory scientists that perform DNA sample quantitation, 96 well plate-based enzymatic steps for DNA sequencing library production, and other sample and reagent preparation steps using various liquid handling instruments.
- Record and summarize sample preparation steps in a laboratory notebook
- Ensure compliance to Safety and Stewardship programs
- BS + 2 years of relevant experience in a high throughput or research laboratory.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the field of molecular biology
- Creative, flexible thinking, and with attention to detail.
- MS Office skills.
- Experience using and troubleshooting liquid handling instruments for processing of 96/384 well sample plates and/or creating next-generation sequencing libraries will be a differentiating capability.
- PCR and DNA preparation experience.