Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Crisis Emergency Response Manager to be based in Maputo, Mozambique. The role will be offered on Residential basis with a long term contract and a negotiable daily rate.
As Crisis Emergency Response Manager you’ll be responsible for developing, assisting and supporting all matters related to the crisis and emergency management in Mozambique. This particularly covers activities in Afungi, Pemba and Maputo site as well as offshore operations
- Develop and support the implementation of the corporate countrywide Crisis and Emergency Management System, which includes the development of plans, procedures and protocols for systems and processes in response to an emergency.
- Ensures the corporation and the assets have appropriate Level 1, 2 and 3 capability to respond to all emergencies across the Project and specifically Coordinate the Country Emergency Management Cell (EMC) and Crisis Management Cell (CMC) based in Maputo.
- Maintain and update the duty rotational planning and contact list for all emergency key personnel within the Project and outside Project team
- Effective IMS (Incident Management System) implementation across relevant project locations, supporting development of teams, systems and plans (such as spill response) in preparedness for activity associated with Major Accident Hazard events (i.e. Marine, Upstream and Onshore production operations)
- Coordinate to prepare and review Emergency Response Plans and relevant procedures (e.g. Medical Evacuation, Oil spill Response plan, support to the security department for the country evacuation plan etc.) and develop or update ERP for existing facilities working within the Project.
- Set up and manage Emergency Rooms and equipment (check phones, computers, printers, documentation, boards, aerial surveillance equipment etc.) and ensure regular checks.
- Conduct hand-over meetings between Emergency Management Team members on weekly basis.
- Deliver Emergency Management induction course and training package key interface with internal and external stakeholders to achieve alignment in implementing CEM protocols
- Participate in review of Contractors’ Emergency Response Plan to ensure alignment to the Project ERP and relevant procedures.
- Work with onshore and offshore LNG Operations department and supporting functions (security, logistics, marine etc) to develop response capability in readiness for operating LNG facility
- Develop oil and chemical spill response plans and provide support and guidance to Operational teams countrywide (Including ERT/EMC)
- Help to define the equipment and materials needed to an oil spill response On or offshore.
- Prepare training materials and conduct onshore and offshore Oil Spill Response Training IMO level 1, Level 2 and Level 3; Aerial Surveillance training; and shoreline response and cleanup trainings according to the IMO standards.
- Strong Professional experience and competencies in one or several field of :
- Crisis and Emergency Management
- Oil spill response: response techniques and management
- Fire risk assessment and prevention
- Security is a plus
- Experience managing, mentoring and developing multi-disciplinary teams
- Formal training such AIIMS (level 3), Emergency Management Training at Incident Command Systems 300/200/100 and/or IMO level 3.