Our client, an international Oil and Gas Operator are looking for a Crisis and Emergency Response Manager to be based in Maputo, Mozambique. The role will be offered with a 28 day on / 28 day off rotation, 12 month renewable contract and negotiable daily rate.
As Crisis and Emergency Response Manager you'll ensure effective preparedness for Emergency Response situations that may impact the people, environment, assets, or reputation of the Project.
- Maintain and update the duty rotational planning and contact list for all emergency key personnel
- Effective IMS (Incident Management System) implementation across relevant project locations, supporting development of teams, systems and plans (such as spill response) in preparedness for activity associated with Major Accident Hazard events (i.e. Marine, Upstream and Onshore production operations)
- Coordinate to prepare and review Emergency Response Plans and relevant procedures (e.g. Medical Evacuation, Oil spill Response plan, support to the security department for the country evacuation plan etc.) and develop or update ERP for existing facilities.
- Set up and manage Emergency Rooms and equipment
- Help to define the equipment and materials needed to an oil spill response On or offshore.
- Prepare training materials and conduct onshore and offshore Oil Spill Response Training IMO level 1, Level 2 and Level 3; Aerial Surveillance training; and shoreline response and clean-up training according to the IMO standards.
- Coordinate with relevant departments and external contractors to inspect and maintain the oil spill response equipment and materials located in onshore warehouse.
- Regular review of oil spill response preparedness in terms of training, equipment, exercise and drills.
- Previous Crisis and Emergency Management experience within the Oil and Gas industry
- Previous experience with Oil spill response including response techniques and management
- Previous experience with Fire risk assessment and prevention