Our client, a major pipeline company, is seeking a Construction Estimator/Quantity Surveyor to work in Calgary, AB.
- Reviewing construction plans and client issued drawings and preparing quantity requirements.
- Validation of contractors LEMs (labor/equipment) and Daily Field Reports (DFRs) utilized on the cost reimbursable scopes.
- Measurement of progress/volumes on all pipeline construction activities.
- Measuring and tracking unit price items (UPI) and monitoring the associated costs.
- Scrutinizing contractors report on quantities installed and reconciling frequently.
- Understanding and enforcing contract documents.
- Tracking planned vs. actual resource allocations (labour, equipment, and materials) for all activities.
- liaise with the contractor, construction manager, project manager, cost controls, field engineers and office progress specialists.
- Report regular actual quantities installed vs planned, provide variance explanations, risks/impacts and mitigation plans as required
- Document and track any changes in design and raise trends to update quantities/budgets.
- Related pipeline or Linear project construction experience
- Construction estimating experience is required