Our client is seeking a Cost Controls Professional to work within their facilities located in Swiftwater, PA for a 12-month assignment (possibly extended for 2 years).
The Cost Controls Professional will consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues. This person will independently apply advanced techniques and analysis and work with a multi-disciplined group (Engineering and or Construction) to determine the EAC, the efficiency of both cost (CPI) and schedule (SPI), highlight the potential risks to completion and their financial impact.
- Review data to determine material and labor requirements to assist in forecasting the project at completion.
- Compute cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- May specialize according to particular service performed, type of product manufactured, or phase of work involved, such as tool and fixture costs, production costs, construction costs, or material costs.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts
- Develop change notices in a timely fashion in connection with the PM/CM
- Coordinates requirements for project managers and implements specific control procedures.
- Work with established Schedule of Values to facilitate a Progress Measurement / Earned Value Reporting System for Subcontractors/Vendors Working closely with the Superintendents and CM to forecast program/project revenue and cost at completion Field Cost Engineer
- Knowledge of project controls techniques for full project life cycle executions (EPCMV)
- Ability to work well with diverse, multi-disciplined groups
- Ability to communicate project issues in an effective manner that leads to resolution.
- Ability to negotiate, when necessary, and compromise with other project team representatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel Bio/Pharma Industry Field Cost Engineering Experience preferred
- Familiar with working on FAR compliant projects (desired).
- Bachelors’ degree
- 10+ years related experience