Overall Job Purpose:
Airswift has been tasked to invite experienced cost controllers to join one of our clients in the oil and gas sector on a 12 month contract.
Key responsibilities: To perform single or multiple specific tasks in developing and maintaining a cost control plan for a designated section of assigned project(s) or less complex assignments, and prepare relevant reporting and analysis to effectively and efficiently communicate project cost status at regular intervals.
- Under the supervision of Lead Cost Controller or a direct report of this position, collate and compile the necessary information to support timely cost data consolidation and reporting.
- Set-up Cost Breakdown Structure and allocate budget, resources, and any other data required into the system.
- Derive and consolidate the commitments and actual costs
- Review, analyze and update accurate forecasts by using best industry practices.
- Track budget variances and challenge budget owners on any deviation from approved cost baseline.
- Generate and distribute internal cost report for part or the entire scope of work on a regular basis and as per Company standards.
- Reconcile project cost reporting with accounting and financial records.
- Review subcontractors’ invoices for accuracy and completeness and ensure that costs are allocated with the correct coding.
- Review Change Order requests and/or potential variations that impact project budget and forecasts, and maintain appropriate register.
- Establish appropriate coordination with other project functions to ensure compatibility with the Cost Control requirements and timely flow of the information.
- Contribute and participate to the Project Risk Management process by providing cost input and identifying potential budget and forecast impacts for risks’ occurrences.
- Degree in Engineering, Science, Business Management, or Operations Management
- 2 years of cost engineering experience in Oil & Gas industry or 5 years of cost engineering experience in other industries with understanding of technical knowledge of Oil & Gas process and FPSO projects
- Familiarity with project management processes
Please forward your resume and certification to us. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
By submitting your personal data and/or resume, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by Airswift for the purpose for which it is collected.