Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Cost Control Specialist III to join them on 1 a year contract in Houston, TX.
Duties Technical Expertise:
- Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Ability to give clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel.
- Leads project teams.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Considers project impact and effects of decision/solutions.
- Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
Education / Experience:
- Post-secondary education bachelor’s degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
- 7-10 years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
- Certifications: Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- * High proficiency with Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables, etc)**