Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Cost Control IV to work on a +12-month contract in Houston, TX.
- Provide support to the Project Manager, project team and project cost controls staff on how cost should be planned, tracked, measured, forecasted and reported during project execution and/or development. Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the Project Manager and extended project team to generate regular reporting requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant guidance, governance and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) components including External Engineering services, Procurement of Material/Equipment, Construction services, internal cost, Allowance for Funds Used During Construction, Contingency, Escalation, etc.
- Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking and reporting tools.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology in order to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion.
- Manage continuous and collaborative communication with Project Managers and project cost controls teams to address project cost related needs.
- Monitor project reporting and identify deviations from standard reports. Assist project cost controls teams with timely and accurate data gathering and delivery issues.
- Participate and resolve any issues in execution of joint Cost, Schedule and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes.
- Take interest and actively participate in project meetings with vendors to understand and become familiar with changes in project status in order to provide assistance in the areas of cost.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Proficient in Oracle, SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical writing abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to respond to and anticipate information needs and present that information in a clear concise manner.
- Active listening skills for effective interaction with team members
- Experience in implementing and enhancing project control standards established by the Company.
- Experience in using and enhancing cost controls tools and associated systems.
- Effective analytical skills with the ability to understand detailed workflows for Engineering, Procurement, and Construction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize a heavy workload, bringing forward well-developed recommendations to the Project Management Team.
- Ability to work with low supervision and work effectively with others to achieve group results.
- Must be able to work with a team dispersed over multiple locations.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.