Airswift is currently looking for an expat Corrosion Engineer for one of our largest projects in Qatar. This position requires availability for relocation to Qatar. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference in our performance to ensure that company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality service to our client’s requirements.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other HSE procedures in all activities,
- Carry out work in compliance with the company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed to the project priorities and objectives, standards and procedures and good industry practices,
- Follow-up of engineering development activities progress related to corrosion systems. The activities include the review and comment of engineering and vendor documentation to ensure compliance with design dossier, SOR, Company specifications, Corporate standard and HSE regulation, international codes and classification society rules.
- Participate in the redaction of the scope of work related to corrosion systems for FEED contracts and EPC contracts.
- Participate in the redaction of the scope of work to be sent with the project RFQ in view of FEEDs execution.
- Supervision, control, review and co-ordination of corrosion and coating engineering discipline development in compliance with project specifications and procedures, specifications, discipline requirements and international codes.
- Review and approve, in accordance with applicable procedures and requirements, the various engineering and vendor documents issued by CTR. Monitor corrosion discipline studies during all engineering phases (technical, costs, planning, interfaces, reporting).
- Ensure an accurate engineering follow up of the corrosion related purchase order/packages at all stages (vendor selection, documentation review with multi-discipline coordination, qualification programs, etc…)
- Identification of any optimization / improvement in the design dossier in relation with material selection and corrosion prevention to be implemented in the early stage of project execution, in line with management instructions,
- Promote alternatives in material selection and corrosion prevention design to reduce and to optimise the weight and costs,
- Identify potential deviations from the project referential and report these to the Engineering Manager for the final decision on whether or not to implement,
- Ensure close coordination with other disciplines (naval architect, process, etc.) on all engineering, constructability, and operational matters,
- Liaise with technical authority for any issue related to corrosion and coating COMPANY standards,
- Assess the performance of dedicated personnel for painting and coatings, advise on selection and training requirements.
- Ensure that relevant feedback from previous similar projects is considered in the design performance,
- Participate actively in technical decision-making, in meetings with potential contractors and vendors,
- Participate in the technical analysis of offers and assist in vendor selection,
- Assistance in the finalization of contractual documents,
- Participate in weekly and monthly meetings with Contractors, and in specific ad hoc meetings as required by management,
- Provide technical answers to technical queries and provide support in deviations requests related to corrosion and painting issues,
- Manage assistance from shareholder specialists (remote head office), when required,
- Participate in the project reviews sessions with the project, Contractors and vendors teams,
- Provide technical answers and clarifications to internal project audit sessions (PR, HAZOP, etc…),
- Contribute to the engineering interfaces,
- Ensure detailed progress reporting to project management,
- Assist project management team to reply to various correspondence by providing technical support,
- Carry out any other duty or task that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors in line with discipline expertise,
- Treat all information obtained during the course of the work with confidentiality.
- Qualification: degree in corrosion/material engineering,
- Experience: at least 10 years in corrosion engineering and construction for Oil & Gas projects (Engineering companies, Construction plants/yards).
- Ability to work on projects in a complex and multicultural environment.
- Good analytical skills.