We are looking for a Core Flooding Engineer to work in Pau, France on a 1-year role!
Start: Jan 2022
Key words: Pau, Coreflood, Core Flooding, Light Conditions, Light Conditions Coreflood Engineering, Core Flooding Engineering.
• Advanced expertise in petrophysical laboratory or physical or physico-chemical measurements.
• Advanced simulation expertise, knowledge of Cydar software is a plus
• Advanced experience in EOR is a plus.
• Rigorous approach in drafting deliverables
Tasks to be carried out:
• This service concerns the LCC lab, experiments in laboratory conditions within the LCC entity.
• The need covers advanced expertise in laboratory equipment, in pressure and temperature, in the use of solvents.
• The service concerns the preparation of carrots and the sweeping in conditions laboratory, that is to say in temperature and pressure potentially lower than those of the tank.
• The preparation of the cores consists of carrying out the following operations: placing in sheaths and cells, washing and preliminary characterizations. The purpose of the washings and the preliminary characterization is to be able to select cores which will then be used for the sweeps.
• Carrying out sweeps consists of mounting the core on a suitable bench, measuring its static parameters, filling in water, filling in oil, letting it macerate and carrying out the injections of fluids: water of various composition, gas. The object of these scans is to determine recovery coefficients and parameters for judging the efficiency of water or gas scavenging and certain enhanced recovery processes.
• The interpretation of manipulations of multiphase flows in porous media:
• Interpretation of two-phase experiments with X-ray imaging, determination of the mechanisms of recovery and mechanical properties of flows (Kr, Pc, saturations, equilibria thermodynamics and compositional exchanges).
• Technological watch and development of new laboratory tools
Detailed description of the services:
Preparation of carrots:
• Preparation of the core: relationship with the core, sheathing and specific cells for subsequent washing
• Carrot washing by injection of solvents (toluene, isopropanol)
• Acquisition of static data: pore volume by P / Z method (gas expansion), measurement of Kg, miscible tracing
• Carrying out sweeping experiments on reservoir cores
• Assembly in cell and on final bench with X-ray monitoring with pressurization and temperature: installation of the bench, assembly of the core, installation of the crimping pressure, RX profiles dry, brine, RX profiles in brine, Swi with synthetic oil (viscous displacement, evaporation or other method), RX profiles at Swi, measurement of Ko (Swi),
• Replacement of synthetic oil with dead oil after a rise in pressure and temperature, Ko measurement with reservoir oil, X-ray images, maceration, Ko measurement after maceration.
• Carrying out the sweeping: preparation of brines, gas or not, and / or preparation of gases to inject, injection at an initial flow rate, then increase in flow rate, possible change of fluid. Saving information.
• Realization of RX images at Sor, miscible tracing and determination of the volume of residual oil.
• Washing and drying of samples. Referencing of samples and return to the core library.
• The assembly carried out and the monitoring put in place will allow the monitoring of in-situ saturations (doping of certain fluids and use of X-ray), quantification of the volumes injected, monitoring of production of oil and water, permanent monitoring of pressures with the installation of sensors adapted.
• Data consistency checks at each stage. For example, consistency check measurements of permeability between them: Kw, Ko before maceration, Ko after maceration or the consistency of the material balance with X-ray measurements and miscible tracings at the end of handling.
• Participation in updating quality and HSE documents: test sheets, operating procedures.
• Participation in the definition of material needs (investment, contacts with certain suppliers).
Interpretation of flows:
• Interpret the measurements, develop interpretive know-how with specialists, in Gas Injection, Water Injection areas. Be the guarantor of the quality of the data provided.
• Write and transmit the technical reports of the actions carried out in the laboratory and of the interpretations.
• Communicate internally (visits, technical days, memos, reports), communicate in external (congress, publications).
Help with study management:
• Assist in planning workshop activities.
• Design the study programs, define the conditions of the experiments: fluids, cores, pre-simulation, hardware, monitoring program.