Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek a Controls Engineer to work within their facilities located in New Braunfels, TX for an initial 6-month contract, likely to be extended.
Within this position, you will be responsible for executing the tasks required in the design, fabrication, programming, and commissioning of the small-scale LNG plants, CO2 liquefaction plants and gas processing plants.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Ensure the execution of projects is following the project specifications and schedule
- Ensure the functionality and interoperability of all electrical, instrumentation, and control system mechanisms
- Review and markup piping and instrument diagrams
- Perform instrument, electrical, control system design, and process automation engineering responsibilities
- Produce, develop and verify IO list, C&E matrix, process control narratives
- Lead and document Factory Assessment Testing (Hardware & Software)
Previous education and experience required:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience with an electrical and control systems focus
- Experience in coordinating corresponding planning, scheduling and cost tracking of project activities
- Strong programming experience. Experience with PLCs and HMI application development