Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specialising in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source a Control Room Operator. This is a long-term FIFO contract role working on a 7 days on / 7 days off rotation based in Chinchilla QLD, and the client would like to consider candidates based in this region due to COVID 19 regulations & constraints. Please see details below;
Title: Control Room Operator
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 12 months
Location: Chinchilla QLD
Working Schedule: 7Days on / 7Days off – 12 hours p/day (day/night shift)
Purpose & Accountabilities :
The purpose of the role is to perform operational and maintenance tasks at Condamine Power Station (CPS) to achieve the station’s safety, environmental and business targets.
• To demonstrate competence and be formally authorised to fulfil any and all of the roles in the permit-to-work (PTW) system as Issuing Authority, Isolating Authority or Performing Authority while maintenance or modification work is conducted.
• Plan any work associated with asset area according to PM Program and carry out routine maintenance tasks as required e.g. resourcing work orders and performing the maintenance work.
• Carry out the operation of the power station from the station control room to Trading and Network requirements e.g. conduct systematic plant inspections to ensure reliable plant operation and identify and investigate any abnormalities or plant problems and rectify where possible or raise defect work orders in the maintenance management system as required.
• Ensure all safety and environmental protection systems and procedures are properly and rigorously used.
• Provide a high level of skill and commitment to the operation of the power station, identifying and where possible rectifying any abnormalities or plant problems that may arise.
• Respond to operational and maintenance requirements of asset area by analysing, diagnosing and using professional judgement.
• Engage with peers to share knowledge and ensure best practice is applied.
• Develop/review Site Based Management Plans and/or power station standing instructions.
• Reports to the Power Station Supervisor.
• Provide primary input to asset management plan with specific emphasis on Safety and Asset Integrity.
Key internal relationships
• Power Station Superintendent
• Power Station Supervisor
• Production Technicians and CPS staff
• Upstream Operations Group
• Corporate Services
• Indirect relationships with all company employees
Key external relationships
• Statutory Authorities
• Government Departments
• Direct relationships with all Suppliers and Principal Contractors, Local Community Members
• Experience in operation of large interconnected industrial plant
• Experience in isolation of and managing safety systems
Desirable Skills and Attributes
• Core qualification Electrical and/or Instrumentation
• Boiler Intermediate/or Advanced (Class BI or BA) and Open Turbine (Class TO) Operators’ Certificates (prescribed occupations under WH&S Act)
• Certificate III or IV in ESI Generation (Operations)
• Obtained confined space and working at heights certification through an RTO
• Competency in first aid, CPR, resuscitation and LV rescue
• Competency in power plant operation and maintenance including appropriate CMS
• Competency in implementation of asset management systems
• Competency in Permit to Work systems including competency to perform all mechanical and HV electrical isolations
• Ability to work unsupervised and alone in charge of the whole station
• Ability to multitask at a high skill level to operate and maintain the plant
• A self-motivator who is self-reliant, flexible, decisive and resilient, A team player
Additional Information :
• Work at height, in confined spaces, and in hot, cold or dusty atmospheric conditions is expected
• The ability to make organise your own local travel to site
• Camp accommodation is available
• Travel to Chinchilla is available from Brisbane
• 7 days on 7 days off rotation 12-hours rotation (day/night shift)
• Only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details.