Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to work on a 4-months contract in Houston, TX.
- Support the transition of h-Concho contracting activities from Coupa platform to SMART by working with project team, IT project manager, Permian, GCR (if necessary) and Operations.
- Ensure project tasks are on schedule and support each function of the project team by providing direction with vital Supply Chain knowledge
- Provide guidelines and direct stakeholders on how to effectively transact business with Shared Services purchasing team
- Efficiently communicate status of activities, with being able to articulate necessary issues to increase pace of purchasing transition activities.
- Identify risks in transition timeline, implement mitigation efforts, and communicate as needed to stakeholders.
- Identify inefficiencies between various project parts and implement improvements for increased collaboration.
- Ensure all h-Concho sourcing and contracting activities services are conducted as per Internal Control Standards and Supply Chain Policy, including all proper documentation, use of systems, approvals, and communications.
- High School diploma or GED
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business or a related discipline or foreign equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry
- 3+ years of sourcing, contracting or contract administration experience.
- Experience with SAP/SMART is preferred.
- Experience supporting process design/adaption.
- Able to see opportunities to improve processes, solicit feedback from others, and propose paths to address them.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office