Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Contracts Specialist I to work a 6-month contract in Houston, TX.
* Support the transition of h-Concho contracting activities from Coupa platform to SMART by working with project team, IT project manager, Permian, GCR (if necessary) and Operations.
* Ensure project tasks are on schedule and support each function of the project team by providing direction with vital Supply Chain knowledge
* Provide guidelines and direct stakeholders on how to effectively transact business with Shared Services purchasing team
* Efficiently communicate status of activities, with being able to articulate necessary issues to increase pace of purchasing transition activities.
* Identify risks in transition timeline, implement mitigation efforts, and communicate as needed to stakeholders.
* Identify inefficiencies between various project parts and implement improvements for increased collaboration.
* Ensure all h-Concho sourcing and contracting activities services are conducted as per Internal Control Standards and Supply Chain Policy, including all proper documentation, use of systems, approvals, and communications.
* Legally authorized to work in the United States.
* Bachelors degree or higher in Business or a related discipline or foreign equivalent
* 3+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry* 3+ years of sourcing, contracting or contract administration experience. Experience with SAP/SMART is preferred.
* Proficient in MS Office
* 5+ years of experience related to the oil and gas industry.
* Experience supporting process design/adaption.
* Able to see opportunities to improve processes, solicit feedback from others, and propose paths to address them.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Good decision-making skills
* Effective at time management and setting priorities.
* Internal and external networking, especially in aligning with others.
* Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by courageously dealing with important problems, holding others accountable and standing up for what is right.
* Generates effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical.
* Builds strong relationships based on trust and seeks opportunities to collaborate across the matrix/organizational boundaries to achieve business goals.