Our client, a major Oil and Gas company, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to work on a 12+ months contract in Ingleside, Texas.
- Lead commercial meetings and represent the company in all commercial matters.
- Administrative tasks such as routing documents for approval out of scope and performed by Contracts Administrator.
- The role primarily consists of vetting, negotiating and resolving contractors change requests associated with the management of the Topsides Fabrication contract (circa $600MM USD), thereby protecting the company’s interests while supporting execution of the work.
- To achieve this, the successful candidate will have to interface with key stakeholders such as HSE, Quality and Technical (internal) and Contractors representatives (external).
- Decision making will grow from with support to influence/direct with Authority to Approve as successful candidate grows in confidence.
- Although overall workflow is established (entitlement, quantum, negotiation), the position requires a high level of problem solving as Change Proposals (CPs), or change requests, significantly vary in nature (e.g. discipline touched, compensation mechanism).
- Primary focus of the successful candidate will be on the Topsides Fabrication contract but there is opportunity to expand to other contracts
- Business degree or technical diploma required undergraduate in engineering or business
- Microsoft Office (especially excel and word) | Proficient
- Complex Negotiation
- Evaluation of claims merit given contractual documentation (e.g. specs, preambles, established rates)
- Claim management and resolution
- Willing to act and take on challenges
- Detail oriented: review Contractors request in fine details, involving right stakeholders
- Firm but fair: Actively clarify/challenge contractors request and, if deemed valid, resolve quickly
- Forward thinker: look for warning signs through internal and external exchanges to proactively guard against potential issues
- SCM related certification (e.g. SCMP) an asset
- Engineering background an asset
- 8+ years of contract administration/management related experience required
- Experience in working in a project environment required
- Experience in running RFx process an asset
- Experience directly applicable to the position
- Working in cross-functional team (HSE, Quality, Technical, Project Services) required
- Experience in negotiating and resolving commercial matters required
- Experience in managing large scale fabrication contract(s) an asset