Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to work on a 12-months contract in Superior, Wisconsin.
- Execute procurement best practices for Sourcing activities, ensuring these practices are in accordance with HOIMS, the company’s Procurement Policy, Procurement Management System Documents (MSDs), and all relevant regulations
- Develop Project or Scope specific Contracting Strategies and Contract Execution Plans in support of PDE Gate reviews and Project execution.
- Execute Pre-Award activities for main project services (Engineering, Fabrication, major Construction Work Packages):
- Develop EOI and evaluation criteria; Coordinate the evaluation of EOI, Bidders prequalification and shortlisting; Coordinate the development of Bid Evaluation Criteria and Plan (BECP) with PMT & CMT; Develop the appropriate commercial compensation structure for the SOW and conform the RFP; Issue the RFP and Manage the Bid process (as Single / Focal Point of Communications with Bidders); Coordinate the evaluation process per BECP; Develop and Prepare negotiation plans and Conduct negotiations, Prepare award recommendations and Route for appropriate financial and commit authority approvals, Issue Awards and Kick-off (with PMT/CMT); Conform the contracts and Route for execution by authorized personnel; Prepare Contracts Briefs (Terms of Reference)
- Execute Post Award Contracts Management (for contracts assigned to the incumbent) and support the management of Contractors Relationships:
- Compile data to assist in periodic reviews of Contractors' performance (Performance Scorecards/Metrics) against established KPIs; Support management of Contractors NCRs in accordance with the NCR process; Manage and Report on approved contract values (e.g. up-to-date Current Contract Value, Forecast Contract Value Vs. Approved Contract Value) and spend against Approved Contract Value (to ensure governance i.e. prepare amend decisions for proper approvals before committing additional spend).
- Manage the upkeep of Contracts Change Logs, Issues and Disputes Management Register (IDMR), disputes and claims mitigation plans; Route Change Orders, and Amendments for approval per process and signing authority guidelines.
- Work with Contractors to resolve day-to-day issues and expedite resolution.
- Ensure all Procurement & Contracting documentation is stored in the appropriate Contract Management Systems in accordance with the Procurement Information Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Undergrad degree in Engineering, Technical or Business discipline (post-secondary education)
- 5+ experience in Contract Administration
- MS office applications
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with strong results-driven mentality
- Strong/demonstrable Negotiations Skills
- Contract Management and Administration
- Change Management
- Master’s degree (Engineering, Project Management or Business Administration)
- Professional Supply Chain certification (SCMP)
- Other Professional Certification relevant to Supply Chain Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Strong working knowledge of ERP SAP
- A background in the oil and gas industry would be an asset in order to understand the nature of work within an integrated oil and gas company.