Our client, a major operator in the Oil & Gas industry, is looking for a Contracts Specialist to work on a 1-year contract in Anchorage, AK.
The Contracts Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the complete end-to-end contract management process across various functions within the company, such as, and indirect procurement. This role works closely with the function leaders, as well as other key stakeholders (i.e. tax, legal, HSE, Social Responsibility, Compliance, etc) to ensure optimal selection of contractors and manage the delivery of outcomes to support the Engineering contract requirements in a timely manner.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Show the key outputs of the job and outline what results are achieved and do not simply list duties or tasks)
- STRATEGY: Develop contracting strategies; analyzing and assessing alternative contracting strategies and contracting work breakdown structures as part of optimizing the overall execution strategy.
- COMPLIANCE: Assist optimize cost/value of the contract with minimal risks to the company, and in accordance with the Policies and Procedures, the Delegation of Authority (DOA) and HSES requirements, with all relevant country specific laws and regulations, and any applicable requirements.
- VALUE: Assist in tender activities, providing guidance and leadership, including sourcing contractors; drafting commercial documents; issuing tender documentation; disseminating information to applicable personnel for technical evaluation; and carrying out commercial and legal evaluation with functional input where required. Help carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes, based on the best overall value to the company, while minimizing risks.
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT: Support in providing guidance and leadership in contracting matters, completing tasks that are fit-for-purpose and beneficial to all involved. Work collaboratively with key functions when drafting and managing issues during the life of a contract.
- SYSTEMS: Utilize available systems to facilitate and manage workflow. Assist in the development and implementation of Vara, leading the Supply Chain and Contracts effort.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in contracts, purchasing or legal disciplines, with at least 1 years’ experience with indirect procurement.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, theories and concepts.
- Experience in oil and gas field preferred.
- Knowledge of contractor management and contracts administration.
- Proficient in oral and written communications.
- Effective interpersonal skills required to interact at all levels of seniority.