Our client is looking a Contracts Specialist to join their team on a 1-year contract assignment. Location is Houston, TX.
The functions strategic processes include: Category Management, Contracting, Strategic Sourcing, National & Local Content, Market Intelligence, Procurement Operations and Supplier Diversity.
The P/SCM function works as a partner to strategically leverage and manage our spend with a focus on operational excellence and the total cost of ownership represented in the supply chain.
Our mission is to create a competitive differentiation for Chevron by delivering optimal P/SCM solutions - the right materials and services, in the right place, at the right time, at the right cost.
This position is in Chevron Technical Center (CTC) and focuses on the IT needs of Chevrons North American business units. This role may focus on both IT labor and software contracting requirements.
The main function of the Contracts Specialist is to develop and implement contract strategies as well as provide leadership in the contracting process.
- Leads teams in the sourcing process within business unit; formulates contract/bid documentation models.
- Creates and applies bid evaluation criteria.
- Develops negotiation plans and leads negotiations for complex risk/value contracts and claims.
- Guides the writing and review of effective scopes of work for complex risk/value contracts as well as major capital projects Manages post-award activities including receipt of contract obligations, written notices, amendments, contract extensions or renewals; responds to and negotiates complex contractor and company claims.
- Develops Contracts and associated commercial documents to implement Contracting Plans.
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are in place to execute these contracts effectively.
- Communicates with Company business owners and provides guidance on contracting policy, process, procedures, guidelines, and best practices.
- Produce and control correspondence with contractor.
- Manages uses of P/SCM systems (i.e. Ariba, SIMs, etc.) and utilizes the P/SCM systems to interpret data to run the business.
- Provides extensive cross-functional understanding outside area of expertise and networks with other BUs and third parties to identify and develop best practices for contracting activities to be used throughout Company while promoting appropriate best practices throughout the enterprise.
- Develops contract strategies for complex risk/value contracts.
- Determines situations where long term agreements will create leverage and executes.
- Experience in Refinery or Petrochemical Plants
- Diplomas Technical Background
- Perfect written English Knowledge in law arbitration
- Good at negotiation
- 5-7 years of experience