About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Contracts Delivery Manager for a 12 month contract to lead and supervise contract managers in the procurement and contract administration of projects.
Reporting to the Principal Contract Manager, the role requires a minimum of 50% billable hours to procurement and contract management of projects and the appropriate outcomes.
- Lead and role model customer focused behaviour by thinking and planning for customer implications before reacting or implementing.
- Model and lead performance excellence and values-based culture in line with Council’s Leadership Blueprint
- Exercise complete professional autonomy in addressing and resolving complex issues in the field of contract management and the administration of projects.
- Provide expert professional knowledge, skills advice in the contract management and contract administration of projects and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) including providing accurate and up to date information for key reporting systems.
- In consultation with the Principal Contracts Manager, Civic and Building, lead and manage the contract procurement process including the preparation of pre-market and post-market submissions, undertaking all tender assessments on a “value for money” basis.
- Ensure that all work undertaken complies with mandatory Council and Government requirements, and relevant International Standards.
- Act as the Superintendent or Superintendent’s Representative as required.
- Minimise construction and contractual risk to Council by providing high level contractual leadership within CPO.
- Refer all matters of significant contractual risk to the Principal Contracts Manager as considered appropriate.
- Organise, coordinate and plan the management of staff resources for projects in conjunction with the Principal Contracts Manager, Civic and Building.
- Manage and maintain business relationships, with internal and external customers, and contractors/consultants including preferred supplier arrangements.
- Work with CPO’s project managers to develop project procurement strategies, taking full account of project programs relating to design and procurement activities, and coordinate internal and external resources to achieve the effective delivery of projects.
- Ensure that a safe and healthy work environment is maintained for all persons affected by the operations of the work area through application of the requirements and continuous improvement of the City Design’s Integrated Management System.
Required skills and qualifications
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Demonstrated evidence of capabilities in Council’s Leadership Blueprint to deliver performance excellence and a values-based culture.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management with the ability to provide expert contractual advice in the management and administration of procurement and civic and building construction project issues.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage the preparation of contracts including the preparation of pre-market and post-market submissions, undertaking all tender assessments on a “value for money” basis.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and supervising a team of contract managers.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to act as the Superintendent or Superintendent’s Representative as required.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality outcomes by complying with quality processes and procedures.