Our major client in Oil & Gas industry is seeking a Contracts Advisor III to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 4-months assignment (subject to extension).
- The Contracts Advisor position is responsible for preparing contracts for medium to complex risk/value initiatives.
- Responsible for all aspects of the end-to-end contracting process. For contract planning, provides guidance for the Business Unit in collaboration with Category Management and business owners in assembling the contracting plan, achieving Contract Review Committee (CRC) or applicable governing body endorsement and managing ongoing contracting activities.
- Responsible for Supplier Qualification and Risk Management and guides development of mitigation plans.
- Leads contract formulation and guides business owners on transactions and trade-offs regarding compensation methods and spend channels, as well as ensuring comprehensive and well-written scopes of work. Determines applicable terms and conditions, and educates business owners on implications in the contracting process. Experience in creating new contracts, renewing existing contracts and negotiating contracts with new and existing suppliers. Fluency on completing appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions. Able to support multiple contracting requests for various departments.
- Leads teams in medium to complex sourcing processes; formulates contract strategies and bid/sourcing documentation. Responsible for developing bid documents, contract negotiation strategies, bid evaluations and contract documents. Manage end-to-end sourcing process of gathering, validating information from business owners, suppliers and procurement peers required for contract formulation. Apply in-depth knowledge of contracting terminology and terms and conditions for various Chevron contracting requests.
- Develops negotiation plans, negotiates commercial and legal terms and conditions, and conducts quantitative comparisons of costs/pricing; evaluates impact on total cost of ownership (TCO) and recommends course of action. Collaborate and work directly with Legal, Tax and other Subject Matter Experts, as necessary, on negotiated terms.
- Manages all aspects of work in compliance with Chevrons policies and procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Knowledge and proven experience in developing and ensuring effective utilization of catalog pricing. Ensure resolution to complex tax issues and invoicing problems in Companys systems.
- Manage the overall performance of vendors in terms of quality, cost and delivery of service and ensure all aspects of vendor Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are consistently met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management
- Oil and Gas experience
- 4+ years of direct contract development and contract formulation experience
- 4+ years direct Supply Chain Management and contract development and formulation experience, including leading all aspects of contract planning, contract formulation, sourcing and negotiations, and supplier management
- Fluency in use of spend management and contracting technology tools (eg. SAP, Ariba, Spotfire, Power BI), along with a solid understanding of how the tools align with the processes and policies they support
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Access, SharePoint, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- IT contracting experience in support of Infrastructure, Software, Cloud (SaaS) and Managed Services is a plus.