Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a Contracts Advisor to join them in Aberdeen, United Kingdom with one of our biggest clients in the oil and gas industry. Our client is open to both staff and contractor applications
The Contracts Advisor role will manage a suite of allocated contracts that underpin the day to day operational or project requirements of the business and will therefore take responsibility for all stages of the contracting process from strategy development through to performance management, with full engagement from key business stakeholders.
Main accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Ensures that they follow the companies contracting process and good SCM practice to optimise value
- Support Category Management approach in areas of Procurement Planning, Category Reviews and Supplier Relationship Management with responsibility for number of procurement categories and contracts.
- Interface with other Contracts Advisors to capitalise on any opportunities for commercial synergies and performance improvement
- Interface with the Technical Contract Owner to ensure that the usability of the final contract is optimised
- Support of Federal contracts and agreements - looks for opportunities for synergies and to add value across assets /divisions
- Ensures that they plan their workload to deliver the companies contracting plan in a timely and professional manner
- Provide commercial and contractual support to internal and external stakeholders in all aspects of contracting for materials and services in support of the Company’s activity. Responsibility will predominantly, but not exclusively, lie with Tier 2 – Tier 4 Contracts per internal classification
- Develop strategy, tender, analyse, negotiate and award contracts to align with Supply Chain strategy and operational requirements ensuring that a full audit trail of contracting activities is maintained.
- Complete annual Procurement Plan to understand future demand and co-ordinate Category Reviews in advance of key decision points or otherwise
- Maintain the Contractual records within the appropriate electronic systems and repositories
- Support the Buying Team on day to day contractual issues
- Assess contractual, financial and liability risk to the company
- Ensure all key contracts carry a comprehensive set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to encourage positive behaviour, both internally and externally, that will help support robust contract delivery and performance attainment
- Meet regularly with contractors to ensure the Company’s needs are being met
- Encourage new initiatives that improve productivity and/or help lower total costs of business
- Ensure that cost, quality and schedules are managed consistent with Company contract and procurement policies and procedures
Education Attainment & Accreditation:
- HND in Business, Finance or Law or suitable equivalent experience through on the job training and development
- Post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Commercial Law
- Working towards or fully qualified Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Experience of SCM operations in the Oil & Gas Industry preferably with an Operator or Tier 1 Contractor
- Experience of Supply Chain Management in the UKCS with a good understanding of the marketplace, and contracting landscape as it applies to various procurement categories across operations, decommissioning and projects.
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing, Category Management and Performance Management
- Experience with ERP/EAMS systems (specifically SAP) and other associated SCM and business systems
- Experience of building good internal relations and seen as a proactive player are critical to success
- Ability to work with established processes and guidelines but also continually look at areas for improvement
- Experience in a similar role or have other procurement experience and contractual knowledge within a competent major procurement operation
- Must demonstrate exemplary commitment to good HS&E practice