Our client is a major supplier of Rolling Stock, Signalling and associated Services for the rail industry throughout Australia.
About the role
The Project Contract Administrator is responsible for the preparation and the follow up of project events and contributes to the contract management of a project or several projects from contract award signature up to the final acceptance of the work and final account. The role will be working on the Sydney Light Rail O&M project and will be focused on maintenance contracts.
- Prepare Contract Summary and ensure it is widely communicated and regularly updated.
- Prepare the CDRL and the Project team members in time, and ensure it is accurately communicated and updated. Monitor Works towards contract obligations; check schedule and all milestones compliance.
- Participate in the preparation of data and documents for the negotiation of claims and counterclaims.
- Keep records of compliance of all contractual requirements (performance, delivery dates, quantity, etc.).
- Ensure documentation is in place to enable claims monthly progress are available on time for invoicing.
- Participate in correspondence management by analysing incoming correspondence, preparing and reviewing outgoing correspondence.
- Ensure the filing of the project management correspondence.
- Collect the elements for the preparation of the commercial proposals of the variation orders, and prepare first draft.
- Ensure that the Document Management Plan is properly managed and efficient from contract management side.
- Ensure that Variation Orders flow down correctly to subcontractors and suppliers, in particular for offshore business.
- Liaise with the Insurance person in-charge to cover the project responsibility.
- Alert systematically the Project Director of any event preventing a smooth running of the project.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering such as electrical or mechanical (preferred)
- 2-5 years’ experience in the railway business is desirable (not essential)
- Ideally the candidate has worked on construction or maintenance contracts
- Prior experience in automotive, manufacturing or engineering industry is also highly regarded
- Competencies in Engineering processes and contract management
- Prior technical and contract management knowledge in similar role
- Excellent Microsoft Office & MS Excel skills
Behavioural Skills / Competencies
- Analytical skills and system minded.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate to different levels
- Communicates with transparency: Delivers clear messages
- Team oriented with the ability to work independently
- Creates an environment where individuals actively take initiative and ownership
- Ability to influence stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes.